The following are instructions for the use of the Regions tab to create and maintain the Region specifications involved in your solution.
If required, please see the article named Specify Regions for an explanation of when and why to configure non-working days, including examples.
Using the Regions tab it is possible to rename Region sets, or Add new sets of Regions.
Rename an Existing Region set
To change a name, choose the corresponding Region set from the drop-down list (4) and select the Rename button (5).
Add a new Region set
A new Region set can be introduced to your SLA Management solution by selecting the New button (6).
This will create a new region set that can be selected within the drop-downs for selection against Organizations when assigning an SLA, with default or empty values in all configuration settings.
Delete an Existing Region
If no longer required an existing Region can deleted (7).
However, please be mindful that deleting an existing Region will remove the option value from the corresponding custom ticket field and thus the historical references will be lost in your reporting data.
Set the Description used in the SLA Assistant
For each of your Regions it is possible to enter a description to be displayed in the SLA Assistant.
Choose a Region from the drop-down list (1) and type a description in the placeholder (2).
Select a Regional Timezone, Default Business Hours and Holidays
The regional timezone will determine the geographical location of the customer raising a ticket and hence is used to establish if and when the business hours apply to the ticket.
- Drag the red pin to the location on the map that is closest to the customers that will be submitting the tickets assigned to this Region (1).
- The name of the city associated with the chosen location is automatically selected in the drop-down (2).
- Alternatively, the name of the closest city can be selected manually from the drop-down (2) if a more precise setting is required.
Default Business Hours
The default working hours will be applied during calculations unless overridden in the Policies tab for a specific event and/or priority level.
- Select a set of Business Hours from the list available in the drop-down (3).
Default Public Holidays
The default public holidays will be applied during calculations unless overridden in the SLA Plan tab for a specific event and/or priority level.
- Select a set of Holidays from the list available in the drop-down (4).
If the default Business Hours for the Region assigned to a ticket are All Day Monday thru Friday, Friday 4th July is listed as a Holiday and an initial response is required within 1 hr of ticket creation:
- If a ticket is created 1am US East Coast time Friday 4th July by a customer based in US East Coast, the due date/time for an initial response will be calculated as Monday 7th July 1am EST
- However, if a ticket is created 1am US East Coast time Friday 4th July by a customer based in US West Coast, the due date/time for an initial response will be calculated as Thursday 3rd July 11pm PST