The CloudSET Extension Framework enables the ability to share configurations of customizations, extensions, capabilities and settings between each of your Zendesk accounts.
This allows for thorough testing of the configuration within your Sandbox* before deployment within your primary Zendesk accounts and/or reuse configurations amongst each of your Zendesk shared accounts*, without the need to manually replicate and reapply the changes.
Configurations also provide the opportunity to deploy pre-configured collections of Zendesk components as enhancements to generic Zendesk functionality.
The above diagram shows a contextual overview of the process and architecture involved:
- Collections of reusable components in a Zendesk account (Source Zendesk) can be packaged up as configurations ready for deployment to one or more alternative Zendesk accounts (Target Zendesk)
- Once created, details of all configurations together with their contents are stored centrally within the CloudSET database from where they can be accessed by all authorized Zendesk accounts
- Before a configuration can be deployed a share agreement must be established for the Target Zendesk using the credentials for the Source Zendesk (API Token)
- Once a share has been registered in the Target Zendesk account, all configurations created in the Source Zendesk will be visible and available for deployment
- Selecting the option to deploy a configuration will retrieve all contained components from the CloudSET Database and create equivalents in the Target Zendesk account
*Note: the Target Zendesk might be a Sandbox or alternative Zendesk account in use by your organization or a customer you are supporting. However, it is also possible to deploy a configuration into the Source Zendesk within which it was created should there be a need to recover components that have been deleted or erroneously updated.
Locate the CloudSET Configuration Management Services
Once the CloudSET Extension Framework has been registered, the CloudSet Configuration Management Services can be located from under the CloudSet Framework sidebar icon (1), within the Configurations tab (2).
From here it is possible for your Administrator to perform the following (depending upon your level of subscription):
- create new configurations or packages using the customizations, extensions, capabilities and settings applied within this Zendesk account ready for sharing within your other Zendesk accounts (3).
- deploy or undeploy the use of configurations created within your Sandbox (4) or within one of the additional Zendesk accounts with which a share has been registered (5).
- if opting to subscribe to the CloudSET SLA Management module, a set of predefined configurations are made available providing an initial template solution (6).