Public holidays are used to specify individual days in the calendar when your agents will not be available to work on the completion of events (see Creating and Maintaining Non-Working Days).
These are not to be confused with Non-Working weekday specifications such as all Saturdays and Sundays (see Define Working Hours).
If the working hours have been defined as Monday to Friday, 9am thru 5pm, Friday 4th July has been specified as a public holiday and the SLA for an initial response is 1hr:
- If the ticket arrives at 4:30pm on Thursday 3rd July, then the initial response isn't required until 9:30am Monday 7th July
- If the ticket arrives at 10am on Friday 4th July, then the initial response isn't required until 10am Monday 7th July
Depending upon the SLA contracts in place with each of your customers and the location of your agents it might be necessary to create multiple alternative sets of public holidays.
- You might have an agreement in place with some of your customers that agents will be available to respond and work on tickets 24x7x365 including all public holidays, whilst for others their SLA Plan covers 24x7x365 not including public holidays
By creating multiple sets of public holidays these can be grouped together with a set of working hours and a time zone to create a Region to be assigned to tickets along with an SLA Plan (see Specify Regional Timezones).
Alternatively a set of public holidays can be used to override the Region default for a specific priority for a specific event within a specific SLA Plan (see Refine SLA Plans above).
Specifying Working Hours during Public Holidays
Unless a public holiday has been specified in this list it will be assumed that cover is provided during the Working Hours specified for the day upon which the public holiday falls.
- If the public holiday falls on a Monday and the working hours for a Monday are specified as 9am thru 5pm, then it will be assumed that cover is provided during the public holiday between 9am and 5pm.
- *Note: It isn't possible to define specific working hours during public holidays