The following are instructions for the use of the Regions tab to create and maintain the Region specifications involved in your solution.
If required, please see Specify Regional Timezones for an explanation of when and why to configure non-working days, including examples.
Using the Regions tab it is possible to rename Region sets, or Add new sets of Regions.
Rename an Existing Region set
To change a name, choose the corresponding Region set from the drop-down list (3) and select the Rename button (4).
Add a new Region set
A new Region set can be introduced to your SLA Management solution by selecting the New button (5).
This will create a new region set that can be selected within the drop-downs for selection against Organizations when assigning an SLA, with default or empty values in all configuration settings.
Set the Description used in the SLA Assistant
For each of your Regions it is possible to enter a description to be displayed in the SLA Assistant.
Choose an Region from the drop-down list (1) and type a description in the placeholder (2).
Select a Regional Timezone, Working Hours and Public Holidays
The regional timezone will determine the geographical location of the customer raising a ticket and hence is used to establish if and when the working hours apply to the ticket.
- Drag the red pin to the location on the map that is closest to the customers that will be submitting the tickets assigned to this Region (1).
- The name of the city associated with the chosen location is automatically selected in the drop-down (2).
- Alternatively, the name of the closest city can be selected manually from the drop-down (2) if a more precise setting is required.
Default Working Hours
The default working hours will be applied during calculations unless overridden in the SLA Plan tab for a specific event and/or priority level.
- Select a set of Working Hours from the list available in the drop-down (3).
Default Public Holidays
The default public holidays will be applied during calculations unless overridden in the SLA Plan tab for a specific event and/or priority level.
- Select a set of Public Holidays from the list available in the drop-down (4).
If the default Working Hours for the Region assigned to a ticket are All Day Monday thru Friday, Friday 4th July is listed as a Public Holiday and an initial response is required within 1 hr of ticket creation:
- If a ticket is created 1am US East Coast time Friday 4th July by a customer based in US East Coast, the due date/time for an initial response will be calculated as Monday 7th July 1am EST
- However, if a ticket is created 1am US East Coast time Friday 4th July by a customer based in US West Coast, the due date/time for an initial response will be calculated as Thursday 3rd July 11pm PST